Breast cancer,Breast Cancer Risk factors and Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the second major cause of cancer deaths in women around the world. Breast cancer is also known as most common cancer among women. Around 1.3 million women will be diagnosed with this cancer worldwide per year in which about 465,000 women will die from breast cancer. (Statistics, American Cancer Society)
What is Breast cancer?
Woman breast is made of lobes and ducts. The lobe is made up of lobules, these all lobules are individually attached with milk producing organ called bulbs. All of the breast structure is then attached with small tubes known as ducts. Each breast is comprises of 15 to 20 lobes. Under the arms, each breast has Lymph vessels which are than connected to lymph nodes. These nodes are also found on other part of the body making lymphatic system.
Most commonly breast cancer arises in either lobules or in the ducts. Lymphatic system is the second priority of breast cancer, lymphatic system functions as the protector from infection to happen. Breast cancer also arises in lymph nodes, when these nodes start malfunctioning due to certain conditions.
For detecting cancer of the breast the most common is the clinical breast examination method used, this method should also be learnt and should be regularly done by yourself. Another most common method is the mammography for detecting breast cancer on its early age.
What are the Risk issues for Breast Cancer?
The direct cause for the breast cancer are still the mystery, and research is still in progress for the exact cause of this cancer, so far these following issues may be the cause of this cancer in the medical sciences.
Risk factors of Breast Cancer
- The most common risk issue for breast cancer is the age factor, as your age increases your risk of having breast cancer also increases.
- If you have a very late birth or never have a birth than you are at risk of breast cancer.
- If your mother or sister is already diagnosed with the breast cancer, you may have chance for having breast cancer.
- If you have your menstrual cycle from your early ages then you may be at risk of breast cancer.
- If you ever have radiation therapy on breast or near your breast.
- You will be at risk if you have cancer history or any breast dieses in the past.
- Stop using Alcohol immediately if you really want to avoid breast cancer.
- You may have chance if your ethnicity is white.
- If you are taking hormones like Progesterone and Estrogen.
What are the symptoms of Breast Cancer?
The most common symptom of breast cancer is the detection of a lump, which you can detect in your regular breast examination. As soon as you detected this lump immediately consult your doctor because the chances of survival from this cancer is dependent upon the age of the cancer, the higher the age of cancer the lower the chance of survival. There are other symptoms of breast cancer exist which are as follows:
Symptoms of breast cancer
- If your nipple discharges other than milk.
- If your having skin irritation or dimpling.
- If you found swelling of part of the breast.
- If there is a lump in your underarm area.
- If you are having pain in the nipple or the nipple shap is changed
- If there is redness or scaliness of the nipple or in your breast skin.
What are the types of Breast Cancer?
The following are the types:
- Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS, lobular neoplasia)
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
- Infiltrating ductal carcinoma
- Infiltrating lobular carcinoma
- Tubular carcinoma
- Phylloides tumor
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Mucinous carcinoma
- Medullary carcinoma
- Paget’s disease of the nipple
Breast Cancer: Breast Cancer Risk factors and Symptoms of breast cancer
Breast Cancer: Types of Breast Cancer, Kinds of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer:Breast Cancer Staging,What are the stages of Breast Cancer?
Statistics of Breast Cancer, Breast Cancer Study
Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Q&A
What are the Characteristics of Cancer